Physician Extender Program
In order to provide our residents with the highest quality of care, we have partnered exclusively with Trident, the nation’s leading post-acute provider, to add a full-time Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner to our Interdisciplinary Team. The focus of the Physician Extender Program is to facilitate a smooth collaboration between the resident, the family, the primary care physician, and the facility staff. The program provides a Certified Registered Nurse practitioner in the facility to quickly and competently address any changes in a resident’s medical condition in collaboration with the resident’s primary care physician.
The expected benefits of a Physician Extender program include:
- On the spot assessment and treatment of critical and emergent resident needs.
- Improvement in the overall quality of resident care.
- Reduction of duplicate or unnecessary medications.
- Reduction in hospital readmissions.
- Improvement in resident and family satisfaction.
- Ensures a safe and effective transition of care from the hospital setting to planned discharges home.