Altoona Center for Nursing Care, conveniently located in Downtown Altoona, is a 120-bed skilled nursing center. Our caring staff offers the following services:
- Specialty Care
- Skilled nursing on a long or short-term basis
- A Restorative Program, which offers retraining in daily activities such as ambulation and social dining
- An Activities Program
- A Social Services Program, which serves the resident as well as family and friends
Each resident has an attending physician of their choice. A broad range of specialists including podiatrists, dentists, optometrists, audiologists, psychiatrist, and psychologist are available to provide treatment as medically necessary. Other staff includes:
- Registered Nurses
- Certified Licensed Practical Nurses
- A Physician Extender
- Nursing Assistants
- Rehabilitation Therapists (providing PT, OT and SLT)
- Dietary Technician and Consulting Dietitian
- Housekeeping, Laundry, and Maintenance Staff
- Administrative Staff (Admissions, Social Services, Case Management, and Business Office)
- Recreational Therapists and Activities Staff
Altoona Center for Nursing Care also features Personal Care at Amber Terrace, a licensed facility providing Personal Care. Amber Terrace includes 34 well-appointed private and semi-private rooms.
How Can Someone Be Admitted to Altoona Center for Nursing Care?
Many of our residents come to our facility directly after a hospital stay. If the attending physician determines that a resident is ready for release, but needs further care before returning home, he or she will inform the social worker at the hospital. The social worker will then present the resident and his or her family with a list of appropriate licensed facilities in the area. If the resident chooses Altoona Center for Nursing Care, a resident evaluation takes place at the hospital to determine whether skilled nursing is the appropriate level of care.
In other cases, a family member who is concerned about a loved one's health seeks out such care.